Sharing is caring!
What are the eligibility criteria for NEC Scholarship FAQs?
The eligibility criteria for NEC scholarship are:
- The candidates must be resident of any of the North East states of India.
- The candidates are required to possess relevant qualifications from recognized universities or institutes.
- General candidates need to secure seventy percent marks in the last given examination for the chosen course. Courses that include PhD/ diploma/ degree/ post graduate/ M. Phil.
- SC/ST candidates need to secure sixty percent marks in the last given examination for the chosen course.
- The candidates family income should be lesser than 4.5 lakh including income from all possible sources.
- The candidates must be unemployed.
- The candidates should not be getting any financial support from any other source.
What are the rewards given to students for each level qualification?
The rewards for each level of qualification are different and are stated below:
|Level of courses approved list by NEC||Rewards||Book-grant amount|
|Diploma||Rs. 900 per month||Rs. 1000 per annum|
|Degree||Rs. 1000 per month||Rs. 1400 per annum|
|Post-graduate||Rs. 1200 per month||Rs. 2000 per annum|
|PhD/ M. Phil.||Rs. 1500 per month||Rs. 3000 per annum|
- M. Phil. rewards are sanctioned for one and a half year and can be extended for six months.
- PhD rewards are generally sanctioned for a period of three years. If the head of the institution recommends then the period can be extended for another year.
What is the selection process for NEC scholarship?
The below selection process is followed for short listing of candidates.
- The NEC scholarship is actually based on merit and hence, selection is also carried out on basis of merit.
- Academic merit is taken into consideration for each chosen course for final round of selection.
- After the proper advertisement state government is responsible for the selection of candidates.
- The procedure mentioned in Annexure V of the official notification is to be followed.
- State government would be paying the stipend at stipulated rates for all levels of courses mentioned to the respective institutes.
- The candidate’s application is scrutinized by DTE in December at the very beginning.
- A list of shortlisted candidates is then made in January.
- After selection the sanctioned amount is to be withdrawn within March.
- Next, the candidates would be paid accordingly.
- Direct Beneficiary Account transfer by ECS would be used to make the payments by State Government.
What are the documents required for applying in NEC Scholarship?
The below mentioned documents along with the NEC Scholarship application are needed to be uploaded.
- A recommendation by head of the institute.
- Certificate of permanent residence.
- Undertaking that no other scholarship is availed.
- Undertaking to refund stipend if any false information is detected.
- Copies of all relevant certificates and mark sheets that are attested.
- Recognition letter of the institute and course that one is studying.
- In case of PhD or M. Phil., the synopsis is needed to be attached.
- Annual family income and affidavit of any additional income of the candidate.
- Caste certificates and domicile certificates that are attested.
- Birth certificate or Class tenth admit card. (Age proof).
- Residential proof. (Voter Card, Adhar Card etc.).
- Hard copy of first page of bank passbook.
What is the process for renewal of NEC Scholarship?
The NEC Scholarship needs to be renewed every year. Its period is from 1st April of this year to 31st March of next year. The candidate has to fill the renewal form in prescribed way and submit it to the state government. The candidate need to keep in mind the below mentioned points for renewal of NEC Scholarship.
- The candidates need to visit the official website.
- Login with your given email id and password to renew the existing application.
- PhD/ M. Phil. candidates need to attach the latest progress report signed by the registrar.
- Next, the application is needed to be submitted to the Head of the institution for recommendation.
- The head of the institution recommends whether the renewal should be done or not.
Ritu is a digital marketer by profession and entrepreneur with a love of fashion, beauty, health, wellness, travel, fitness and helping others feel good and look good. Her passion for fashion, blogging and sharing a little bit of positivity with the world has led her to create 5 helpful outlets for her followers. A Fashion Blog, Business Blog, Online Marketplace, IT Company and Influencers Community.