Sharing is caring!
Pest control is a term used to regulate inappropriate invasion of bio organisms’, animals and birds in to human acquired space. Let it be your office pest control, or home pest control, human have always found a way to get rid of unwanted creatures and obstacles that come in the way of human growth and expansion plans for the future.
Also Read: 11 Carpet Cleaning Ideas in a Small Budget
Specific pests needs rather specific treatment depending upon their very own nature of survival. One very helpful tool to get rid of pests are synthetic or bio product of chemicals called pesticides. We have categories these pesticides as below.
- Herbicide are also known as weed killers. These come both in natural and synthetic state and are used basically in crop protection. As a survey conducted in two thousand and eighteen Herbicide covers almost about forty percent of all pesticides consumed including insecticide and fungicide. Herbicide like non selective herbicides are used to clear a whole ground where as some selective weed killers are used to protect some specific crops from the weeds around.
We can differentiate synthetic herbicides as the synthetic developed plant hormones to create chaos in weeds selection. These synthetic herbicides are. 2,4-D, Aminopyralid, Atrazine, Clopyralid, Dicamba, Glufosinate ammonium, Fluazifop, Fluroxypyr, Glyphosate, Imazapyr, imazapic, Imazamox, Linuron, MCPA, Metolachlor, Paraquat, Pendimethalin, Picloram, Sodium Chlorate, Triclopyr and a few Sulfonylureas.
Organic Herbicides are the herbicides we get from natural bio organisms like plants these herbicides are Corn Gluten Meal, Vinegar, Steam, Flame, Citrus Oil and Saltwater.
- Insecticide are a mixture of chemicals and microorganisms used to kill specific species of insects and their eggs and larva to regulate and control the population of harmful insects in agriculture, medicinal and industrial facilities. These Insecticides can be divided in to two groups called as
1.) Systematic insecticides are the ones cause residuals and effective for a long time.
2.) Contact insecticides does not leave any residuals behind and works only when in contact with insects.
- Nematicide are the chemical substance of pesticides that are used to kill parasitic nematodes. These substance sometimes obtained from natural plants like Neem Tree and are also obtained in nematophagous fungi which specializes in trapping and digesting nematodes.
- Molluscicide are the substance also known as snail baits and snail pallets. These are the combination of chemicals used to trap and destroy Molluscs in agriculture and garden areas. Molluscicide are used basically in order to prevent the crop and plant destruction caused by slugs and snails while they feed on them. A number of Molluscicide are known to be metal salt like iron, phosphate and aluminum sulfate. Methaldehyde and methiocarb are also used as Molluscicide apart from acetyl cholinesterase which is a super toxic chemical and is highly dangerous for the human and animals.
- Piscicide are the chemicals specifically derived to eliminate a specific dominant species of fish. These are used to prevent parasitic and invasive fish species in a water body to allow a different species of fish to habitat. Some of the chemicals used in Piscicide are rotenone, saponins and antimycin.
- Avicide are the chemicals specifically designed to kill birds. A few chemicals used are strychnine, DRC-1339 and CPTH are a few along with Avitrol and chloralose.
- Rodenticide are the chemical compounds or a mixture of chemicals and bio organism that is used to get rid of the rodents like rats. These chemicals can be classified in different categories depending upon their nature and ability of killing the rodents as below.
- Anticoagulants are the chronic single dose chemical which cause immediate death to rodents and are equally lethal for animals like dogs and cats scavenging those dead rodents.
- Metal Phosphides are as lethal as Anticoagulants but are less dangerous to other hose animals. These are also enough to be ingested once by the rodents and are effective within one to three days of ingestion. These phosphides can be obtained from aluminum phosphide, calcium phosphide, magnesium phosphide and zinc phosphide.
- Hypercalcemia are the mixture of vitamin D2 and vitamin D3 and are also dangerous to rodents but at the same time these are a non-lethal substance for humans and other house animals.
- Chemical poison are the poisons solely made for rodent elimination are Arsenic trioxide, Barium Carbonate, Chloralose, Crimidine, Endrin, Fluoroacetamide, Phosacetim, white phosphorus, pyrinuron, scilliroside, sodium fluoroacetate, strychnine, and thallium sulfate.
- Bactericide are disinfectants, antiseptics and antibiotics that kills Bacteria.
- Insect Repellent are naturally found bio organisms and oils which can be applied to human cloths skin and other surface of house to discourage the insects and prevent them from coming near the spayed places or body parts.
- Antimicrobial agents are the substance that kill microorganisms that can cause damages to human body, animals, plants and agriculture around us. These can be categories as below
- Fungicide are the specified chemicals used to prevent or eliminate fungi growth in certain place of interests like in fishes as spores in fish harvesting area and in agriculture land where fungi can destroy the crop by spreading up on its leaves and sucking the plants out of their nutrients.
So these are the different types of pest control and you can choose any method that works best for your office pest control, or home pest control.